Thursday, May 5, 2011

Indulge

Life can get pretty busy. Sometimes you have to stop and take a moment to savor and indulge. The last couple of weeks, my allergies flared up and a skin irritation turned into a problematic eye infection. Time to slow things down {antibiotics helped}. When I found a brief reprieve, I indulged. Ate a wonderful meal with my mate at my favorite pub. Played in the sunshine with our energetic pup. Perused through books at Barnes and Noble for perfect summer reading {found a few}. Took long walks in the evening, remembering how bright stars shine on cloudless nights. Savored and indulged. 
Worcestershire Steak at 44 Stone Public House. Flat Iron Steak marinated with homemade Worcestershire, Jameson Steak Sauce, buttermilk mashed blue cheese potatoes and onion crisps. Washed down with beer from Ste. Genevieve. Divine.
Dark cacoa is good for the soul. Paired with a good book, The Help, is always a good thing. 
Parmesan artichoke dip and toasted pita chips from Beks. Comfort food at its best. 
Naps can do wonders. A warm buddy is a bonus. {Ren Reiske © All Rights Reserved}

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by. I’d love to hear what you think. Drop me a line.