Tuesday, May 12, 2009

25 little things about me


I wrote this awhile back on my Facebook page (another thing I said I would never do, but they still hold true — updated a few). Here are a few little things about me:

1. The most interesting people I know aren’t afraid of change or taking risks.  
Complacency is not in my vocabulary.

2. I love to travel. I love meeting new people and seeing new places. That sounds so cliché but often, I work to TRAVEL. Ideally, I would travel to work.

3. I don’t understand why people collect things, yet I own over 400 DVD movies, most of which I’ve already seen at the theater, and my “collection” continues to grow. I’m a cinephile.

4. I also have a library of books (old school PAPER kind). I covet well-written fiction and illustrated children’s books. I buy a hardback cover of my favorite books and will usually read them twice.

5. I can not go into Barnes and Noble without spending at least two hours there and ordering Starbucks coffee.

6. I wear my heart on my sleeve. I wish I didn’t.

7. I was in an Oscar-nominated movie with George Clooney. I was a prop. My being there wasn’t as significant as the memory or the mere fact that I got a smile from George and made him laugh.

8. I get bored easily so I’m always looking for and willing to try something new ... within the law.

9. I have my Tiger Beat moments ... celebrity crushes. There was Robert Redford (back when he looked like Brad Pitt), Richard Gere (Officer and Gentleman), Jared Leto, Channing Tatum, Jude Law ... and more recently ROB PATTINSON. They are shameless, often short-lived obsessions. I am not a stalker.

10. I have a beautiful acoustic guitar. I’m still learning how to play.

11. I’ve been in a tornado which took down our house and survived. The lesson I learned was, stuff is stuff. You don’t need all the material goods that you THINK you need.

12. I married the sweetest guy who is my best friend. 

13. At 23, I had a lump in my neck and worried for 3 days if it was benign or malignant (cancer). I had a subthyroidectomy and everything was FINE. That changed my whole outlook on life.

14. My children mean the world to me. I don’t think they always believe it, but it’s true.

15. I will not eat oranges. I rarely eat fruit unless it’s in a dessert, and I’m picky about what kind of fruit. It’s psychological, I know.

16. I don’t really understand SPORTS, yet I live with three people who thrive on it.

17. I rarely watch TV, but I go to the theater or rent movies weekly.

18. I have a love/hate relationship with workout and abs class.

19. Hot yoga is my new religion.

20. I long to learn how to surf. I will probably be surfing in my 40s.

21. I like dogs ... and dolphins.

22. I’m very loyal. If we become very good friends, we’ll be friends for life.

23. I can not survive without my music — via iPhone, iPad, Mac or old school vinyl. I need MUSIC every day. My playlist is random and eclectic.

24. I have to be at a beach or see the ocean annually ... it’s the island girl in me.

25. I would spend a fortune on a really great, soft, comfortable bed.
I naps ...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by. I’d love to hear what you think. Drop me a line.