Saturday, July 16, 2011

How To Be An Artist #11

Make friends with freedom and uncertainty. I did just that when I met Kat and her friends, Rhonda and Marian. Kat and I worked together years ago, and she was getting ready to move and start a new job in Oregon. That’s a far cry from the small town of Macon, where she’s leaving. She was a bundle of energy and I was glad she asked me to come along and see her off. Marian is newly single and looking for a fresh start. I don’t doubt she’s going to bloom like that lotus drawing she kept showing us. Rhonda is a sister soul mate. We talked about things that shouldn’t be heard out loud, though I’m sure the waiter at bleu got an earful. I’m going to blame the absinthe. It’s not called “Death in the Afternoon” for no reason. Invented by Ernest Hemingway, it’s Absinthe and a flaming sugar cube drowned in champagne.
The ladies were still going strong as I walked barefoot to my car to go home. Freedom and uncertainty definitely has its charm. Good night, bullet, b-toy, liberator — rabbit.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by. I’d love to hear what you think. Drop me a line.