Saturday, June 27, 2009

Lake and Docknockers

It’s dangerous to hand me a wooden mallet 
when I'm starving…
Summer is passing me by. After a long work week, I was more than ready to hit the pool, bask in the sun, down a couple of libations … go to the LAKE
We arrived at Shady Gators cove after noon so the sunny retreat was already packed. Today felt like the hottest day of summer. The large, white foam recliners and pool bar facing the lake welcomed us like children seeing an ice cream truck. We spent three hours sunning, enjoying the warm pool, chatting and relaxing.
Docknockers Beach Bar and Grill, an eatery tucked away in a remote area of the lake, was our next stop. To get there, we had to drive down a very steep, curvy road. Matt the Harley man rode it with no problemo! We feasted on crab legs, fried shrimp and potato boats (skins) — very messy, delicious (but pricey for the portions). Gotta love summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by. I’d love to hear what you think. Drop me a line.