Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Bend It Like Taylor

About two years ago I was given a yoga mat, a deck of yoga cards (for when I’m traveling and desiring to break out in a yoga pose — happens all the time) and this lovely book with the inspiring cover of Christy - Mrs. Ed Burns, lucky her - Turlington. The deck of cards reside in my study gathering dust, Living Yoga was partially read, and my pretty, lime green yoga mat is still in mint condition.
I finally dusted off my mat and started Power Yoga classes a few months ago. Even though our teacher, Holly, is intimidating with her contortionist figure and moves, each week brought me hope and astonishing new strength and flexibility. Although, I looked more like the drunk on the right this:
Then, like all things in life, I started getting busy and with each week, I could feel myself losing my CHEEE. Chi, center, whatever, it was lost. Last night, I came upon this photo and somehow it triggered an urge to Downward Dog, and I knew it was time to hit class again. My sources say that Holly, the masochistic yoga teacher, has brought in a heater to our class. 
Hotbox, here I come!
Sources: Kristyn Sanders; TaylorLautnersource.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by. I’d love to hear what you think. Drop me a line.