Monday, September 20, 2010

Ren Quest

Holly Golightly: You know those days when you get the mean reds?
Paul Varjak: The mean reds. You mean like the blues?
Holly Golightly: No. The blues are because you're getting fat, and maybe it's been raining too long. You're just sad, that's all. The mean reds are horrible. Suddenly you're afraid, and you don't know what you're afraid of. Do you ever get that feeling?


My daily journal has been full of introspection. I took a hiatus from simple things that brought me pleasure: playing the guitar, blogging, eating without worry, working out until the happy endorphins were released … only to be replaced by real life challenges. The bigger the challenge, the more I distanced myself from the good things — and there are many. I truly love my friends and family for reminding me of that every day.
Today, I was feeling all Holly Golightly and I happened upon this photo from my Hot Pocket friend, E (check out his goods here). It brought a smile to my face and I knew this was a sign for better days to come. My own personal Ren Quest. :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by. I’d love to hear what you think. Drop me a line.