Thursday, July 24, 2014

Paxton

A few things you should know. My second shooter and partner in crime, Matt, went to high school with Paxton’s mom, Alicia. Alicia posted a “looking for a photographer for my daughter’s senior photo" on Facebook. To which I have to give a loving shout out to DAWN M. for suggesting 2Rtist Photography and thus, reuniting everyone to discuss Paxton’s session. When we got together, both Alicia and Pax had great ideas for the session — I knew it was going to be a blast. And. It. WAS.
Pax has a horse named Peepers, who resides at a small ranch owned by her trainer’s family. I actually drive by this countryside daily and always thought, “What a beautiful backdrop.” Kismet? I think so.
Pretty Paxton. I’m quite sure she didn’t believe me when I said we would take these quickly ... don't worry about the chiggers … you will look amazing. Trust. :) 


Trainer Katie grooms Peepers.

Behind the scenes … Right before I took this photo, I excitedly ran up to the lake only to step through a covered, creature hole. My leg was a bit bruised but hey, I got the shot!









Getting to know PAXTON: 
Hometown: I'm from Columbia, Missouri. I wish I could have grown up in a smaller town, but I like living in Columbia now more than when I was a little kid.

Three words that would describe me are athletic, bubbly and open minded. I love to play sports. I have since I was a little kid. Softball is my favorite, but I love riding my horse and playing volleyball with my friends. Bubbly. I'm pretty much always smiling or laughing about something. I often find myself just smiling off into space because I'm always happy . Open minded. I LOVE to try new things. I also never judge anything by what it appears even if it seems obvious. I'm more than willing to get to know even the meanest looking person before I refer to that person as being mean.

My favorite songs: basically any country or classic rock song. I'm constantly listening to music.
Movie: I love Secretariat and War Horse. I'm also quite fond of Red Dawn, Zombieland and Ferris Bueller's Day Off.
Books: Too many to list. One of my favorite series of books is the Shiver series by Maggie Stiefvater. Yes, they're about werewolves, but the characters themselves are incredible. I recommend this series to anyone.

Describe your perfect day. My perfect day would be playing softball with my high school team, going trail riding or fishing all day at the farm.

What are your plans after high school? I plan to go to college one way or another. My goal is to go into athletic training at UCM in Warrensburg, MO.





Pax, I loved your answers and your confident personality. This session was so much FUN. Thank you Alicia, David, Paxton (not to mention Katie and Peepers) for the wonderful night, and for choosing 2Rtist Photography to capture this special time in your life. xo Ren

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by. I’d love to hear what you think. Drop me a line.