Monday, May 30, 2011

Seeking treasure

{source}



This past weekend, we had a huge garage sale. I say huge because we cleaned out two storage units containing ten years of memories. The point wasn’t to make money but to declutter our living space. I found the whole experience interesting. As one customer put it, “The garage sale people are a different breed.” They will come out in the pouring rain, for a good find. While I can’t understand the regulars who have their routes planned out in advanced, I can see the allure of finding a coveted item for a quarter. For me, it would be a vintage, hardback cover book. We met a lot of nice, friendly folks; one (possible) grifter/absent-minded shopper; and the volunteers who hauled the remaining items to the survivors in Joplin. It was a good day. Have a wonderful Memorial Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by. I’d love to hear what you think. Drop me a line.