Saturday, May 30, 2009

Night at the Tivoli: Little Ashes

May 30, 2009 © Ren Reiske 
7 p.m. A gorgeous night in St. Louie for watching 
Little Ashes

I was very excited to visit the Tivoli for the first time. The historic theatre is a perfect setting for viewing art and indie films. And who can resist a place that serves coffee, Bud Lite beer, and Ted Drewes ice cream? One of the staff was actually gracious enough to help Matt bring over all the goodies we ordered. (M, Thank you for being a good sport and loving me enough to endure two hours of an art film.)

Little Ashes is a trifling historical fantasy, gossip wrapped in gossamer, beautiful to watch but it takes only a light wind to leave the story in tatters
I had mixed feelings after watching this film. The best and most interesting scenes were the loves scenes, particularly the threesome scene (the best of Robert showing emotional conflict, in my humble opinion). It is not a masterpiece but I was not disappointed in this low-budget, though beautifully made film.

May 30, 2009 © Ren Reiske

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by. I’d love to hear what you think. Drop me a line.