Monday, June 8, 2009

Let the Right One In





The film, Let the Right One In, is out on DVD now. It’s not for everyone, but if you love independent films with artistic flavor, you may enjoy this. (I watched it twice. I had to SEE the “stitches” scene again out of curiousity. If you blink, you will miss it.) 
Last year, I entered Ragtag’s Vampy Love: Super Special Surprise Contest, and surprisingly was chosen as one of the three winning entries. Here was my entry: 

Ren Reiske © 2.11.09
He walked in
Pale, extraordinarily beautiful,
brooding
My heart stopped beating
It whispered
Let the right one in

They stood in lines
Tiny, young girls screaming,
crying
No blood shed, but hearts were breaking
She whispered
Bite me, Edward Cullen

In the shadow
Dark, looming, creeping
obsession
My mind twisted, my heart in flames
It cried out
He’s (f*cking) fiction!

Love is beauty
Love is passion
Love is bewildering ...

It bites
And then you die.


{Ren Reiske © All Rights Reserved)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by. I’d love to hear what you think. Drop me a line.