Friday, July 24, 2009

Manther

The subject of Cougar came up during a late happy hour. This wasn’t the first time. But this time, I was in the company of men, so my good friend and I decided to ask them to define COUGAR.
From my perspective, a “cougar” is an older woman who prefers and dates a much younger man. I also picture those lovely, surgically-enhanced women in the Reality Shows. Yeah, I obsess about ONE younger celebrity (full confessional HERE) but it’s safe to say, we’re not dating and I’m not prowling. I also think Sting, George Clooney and Brad Pitt are handsome gods and they’re older than me. My point is, I don’t see myself in that category, so I was *miffed* when I first heard it (directed at me) by another woman.
I digress. I asked the guys if my girlfriend and I walked in, would they think COUGAR. Tim and Mike both said, “Yes.” Laughter ensues, I wasn't expecting that. According to 20-something Mike, if an older, attractive woman walks in a bar, a guy may think that. Really!? According to Urban Dictionary, he may be (somewhat) right. 
Tim chimes in, “I wish someone would call me a DILF.” More laughter. Mike came up with the best one: MANTHER. Men, apparently, don't have issues with labels. If you see Tim, call him a DILF. He won't mind. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by. I’d love to hear what you think. Drop me a line.