Monday, June 15, 2009

Remember Me


June 15, on location of Remember Me, filming in NYC.

I finished reading the script, Memoirs. It didn't take long because most scripts aren't novels and could easily be read in a few hours. However, I took my time and visualized these characters (love the fact that Chris Cooper, a Mizzou alumni, is portraying the girlfriend's father) playing out this very simple love story in New York. It's very simplistic but there is a nice twist, one which I'm afraid will leak out before the film, Remember Me, is even released (March 2010).
Jenny Lumet, screenwriter of Rachel Getting Married, has revised the screenplay, so I foresee an even more in-depth film. If done well, it should leave people thinking (think Ordinary People, Crash, Sixth Sense).
AIDAN has the best dialogue for comic relief in this romantic drama. When you have Robert Pattinson reciting Gandhi, I'm pretty much there. No spoilers, but here is a sample of favorite lines (I had many):
TYLER (voice over)
Gandhi once said that whatever you do in life will be insignificant but it is very important that you do it ...
I tend to agree with the first part.
****
Ally walking in on Aidan…
ALLY
Are you seriously smoking pot? What are you thirteen? Why don't you grow up and do coke like an adult?
Photo source: Robert Pattinson Who

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by. I’d love to hear what you think. Drop me a line.