Saturday, October 6, 2012

recently

Lots of birthday celebrations this month, including mine. It came and went and after a week, I’m still eating celebrating and thankful for friends {old and new} and my family, who put up with my moods and creative ventures. I love you guys. Truly, madly, deeply.

Pre-birthday brunch at Sophia’s was buddha-belly carb heaven. The monkey bread {top} and maple-spiced bacon pancakes were to die for. I realize I’ve been using my birthday as an excuse to eat not-so-healthy meals, but I believe a small sampling of each is perfectly OH—KAY. Yes, I like having my cake and eating it too.

I took off work on my birthday because really, if I don’t have to work on my special day I won’t. If I really allowed myself the luxury of doing whatever I wanted, I would have stayed in bed. All. Day. Long.

But my license expired, so I spent a good part of the morning at the DMV. Always a good time.

My better half, M took me to Bangkok Gardens {one of his favorites} for delicious fat thighs phat thai. Again, sampling a little because I was saving up for this…

… Creme brulee bread pudding at Flat Branch Pub & Brewing. Not gonna lie, I ate almost all of it without guilt. It’s my birthday, after all.

It was a beautiful day and after all that feasting, we took advantage of walking downtown and enjoying all the pretty flora along the way.

The bed was sounding good, as in a nap. But I had a hair appointment with Jenna who is a miracle worker. What’s the secret to feeling young{er}? Being happy, eating well, and having a fabulous colorist. Thank you Jenna and Michael at Green Meadows.

I had a birthday dinner date with lovely Beau. We’re back at Sophia’s because it’s one of our favorites, and even though I wasn’t hungry, our friendly waitress offered free chocolate lava cake for my birthday. How could I say No?

We ended the evening watching this handsome boy play soccer. I was quite full and sated, but mostly, very thankful. {Ren Reiske © All Rights Reserved}

{Matt Reiske © All Rights Reserved}

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by. I’d love to hear what you think. Drop me a line.